September 17, 2016: Released version 1.0.0:
- Fixed crash on startup with Numpy version >= 1.10.
- Dropped support for Python 2.6 and older.
February 10, 2016: Released version 0.9.8:
March 8, 2010: Released version 0.9.7:
- Don't crash on startup when audio is not available, disable sounds
- Switched version control system from self-hosted Subversion to Bazaar
September 30, 2009: Released version 0.9.6:
- Fixed deprecation warning on Python 2.6.
- Dropped support for Python 2.3.
February 27, 2009: Released version 0.9.5:
June 30, 2008: Released version 0.9.4:
- New icon by Jakub
- Add sound effects and support for background music (now if I only had some
- Show an animation (expanding bubble) when ships respawn.
- Allow up to two keys to be bound to the same action.
- Use 800x600 by default; if your computer is fast enough, you can change to
a better video mode; if not, give a better first impression by avoiding
- Change the options menu: show the current state (e.g. "missile orbits: on")
instead of the action that would change it ("hide missile orbits"). Add
an option to toggle sound propagation in vacuum (or, in practical terms,
whether you hear a sound when a missile hits the computer-controlled ship
or when it explodes).
December 25, 2006: Released version 0.9.3:
- Keyboard controls can now be customized.
- Keyboard controls and video mode options are stored in a config file.
- Added the -w command line option, in case you desire to override the config
- Looks like some accidental dependencies on Python 2.4 crept in.
February 20, 2006: Released version 0.9.2
after a month of procrastination:
- Fixed the -f and -d command line options.
- Missiles are now larger and brighter than their orbit trail dots.
- Alt+Enter now also toggles fullscreen mode.
- Make it work in 15 and 16 bit per pixel modes (no aaline).
- Possibly fix the MacOS X "invisible fix" problem I saw (use 2 x aaline instead of aalines).
- Added a help screen.
- Added an Options menu.
- Added a New Game menu (the main menu was becoming too cluttered).
- Added a pyspacewar.pyw script for the convenience of Windows users.
January 14, 2006: Released version 0.9.1 with some bug
fixes and small features:
- Added a background image.
- The thrusters are now drawn more accurately.
- Added an ability to specify the desired video mode on the command line.
- Made debug timings HUDs less intrusive.
- Fix "surfaces must not be locked during blit" bug.
- Fix some cosmetic unit test failures.
- Use pygame.font.SysFont to locate Verdana.ttf on your system.
January 8, 2006: after a week of intensive work, I
released version 0.9.0. User-visible changes:
- Added an in-game menu.
- You can drag the viewport around with the mouse (use the right button).
- Automatic zoom in.
- Radars show planet sizes, not just positions.
- Dead ships fade away.
- Information panels have translucent backgrounds.
- Added an icon.
Internal code changes.
- Split the code into several modules in a package.
- Refactored the code extensively, it is now much more flexible.
- Added unit tests.
- Added a distutils setup script.
June 25-29, 2005: wrote the first version and demoed
it at EuroPython.