- Bugfix: setup.py sdist was broken on Python 2.7 (UnicodeDecodeError in
- The filename argument for show_refs() and show_backrefs() now
allows arbitrary image formats, not just PNG. Patch by Riccardo
- Temporary dot files are now named objgraph-*.dot instead of tmp*.dot.
- Python 3.3 support: no code changes, but some tests started failing because
the new and improved dictionary implementation no longer holds references to
str objects used as dict keys.
- Added a tox.ini for convenient multi-Python testing.
- Bugfix: non-ASCII characters in object representations would break graph
generation on Python 3.x, in some locales (e.g. with LC_ALL=C). Reported and
fixed by Stefano Rivera.
- Bugfix: setup.py was broken on Python 3.x
- Bugfix: dot.exe/xdot.exe were not found on Windows (LP#767239).
- Documentation updates: document the forgotten find_ref_chain(),
update show_chain() prototype.
- Python 3 support, thanks to Stefano Rivera (fixes LP#687601).
- Removed weird weakref special-casing.
- Avoid test failures in uncollectable-garbage.txt (fixes LP#686731).
- Added HACKING.txt.
- Compatibility with Python 2.4 and 2.5 (tempfile.NamedTemporaryFile has no
- New function: most_common_types().
- Rebuild an sdist with no missing files (fixes LP#606604).
- Added MANIFEST.in and a Makefile to check that setup.py sdist generates
source distributions with no files missing.
- Highlight objects with a __del__ method.
- Fixes LP#483411: suggest always passing
[obj] to show_refs(), show_backrefs(), since obj might be a
- Fixes LP#514422: show_refs(),
show_backrefs() don’t create files in the current working directory any
more. Instead they accept a filename argument, which can be a .dot file or a
.png file. If None or not specified, those functions will try to spawn xdot
- New extra_info argument to graph-generating functions (patch by Thouis Jones,
- setup.py should work with distutils now (LP#604430, thanks to Randy Heydon).
- Project website, public source repository, uploaded to PyPI.
- No code changes.